Happy Memorial Day! June, to me, is the beginning of summer. School is out, graduations, and summer vacations begin. How can you make this your best summer ever? If you live in colder climates, the next three months will fly by. With some planning, you can make the most of the next three months. Follow my steps below for your best summer ever.
1. Allow yourself 10 minutes of quiet time. Go to that special place in your home where you feel most at peace. Spend a few minutes just taking a few deep breaths.
2. Think back to your childhood and what summers were like. Where were you? What did you spend the summers doing? While growing up, I have very fond memories of spending the summer around our swimming pool. We would be outside all day long.
3. Next think back to a summer when you had a fantastic time. Get out your journal and begin writing your thoughts. Don’t spend a lot of time thinking about what you are writing, just let the thoughts flow.
4. Image the sun is shining. You are relaxed, happy and at peace with yourself. Next, write down ten things that would make this your best summer ever. If some of the items are simple, that is great. If your life is busy and you do not have many options, find small things you can do.
5. Some ideas: visit a restaurant you having been wanting to try, plan a dinner with friends, read a book, get out in nature, go for a massage, go rafting, visit family, and plan a vacation or a weekend away. Are your creative ideas flowing?
6. Now write three action steps that will move you closer to your best summer ever. Make these three action steps doable in the next week.