Tip 20 More Dating Tips
Dating is not a science. It might be nice if it was, our dating lives would be a whole lot easier! But, we must deal with emotions and feelings. It is a constant learning process and just when I think I have it figured out…. I am proven wrong. Today we will discuss more dating tips and some recent research on dating.
The Pew Research Center recently published the following statistics about online dating:
1. Online dating had lost its stigma. 50% of the public knows someone who uses online dating or someone that has met someone through online dating.
2.About 1/3 of people have never gone on a date with someone they met on these sites.
3. 1 in 5 daters have asked someone else to help with their profile.
4. 5% of American in a marriage or committed relationship met their significant other online.
My tips somewhat based on this research:
1. Do not make assumptions. You may go out with someone, have a great time and never hear from them again. Just move on. My favorite phrase….NEXT! Or you have a great conversation with someone you met online and they never ask you out. The research shows that over 30% of people online never go on a date. Maybe they just wanted a phone pal.
2.Have a friend look at your online profile. They may be able to tweak it a little. You may be too modest about your accomplishments or too vague about what you are looking for.
3. Do not just relay on online dating to meet that special someone. Get out and about, move off your couch, ask your friends for introductions. You want better stats then just 5%.
Most important always remain positive. You are an incredible human being that is worth loving.