It seems lately that so many people I have come into contact with are going through tough transitions. It seems like we are in a movement of change. There are ways to survive the tough times and actually grow and thrive through them. Try to put the four steps below into practice as you transition.
In order to survive you must be diligent about following these steps. Think of it like taking your vitamins. You do not take them for one day and expect them to have an effect on your body. You probably take them every day. The same thing applies to surviving tuff times, you must continue your practice every day, not just when it is convenient or when you happen to remember.
If you put your time and dedication in, you will survive. When I am going through a particularly stressful time, I “STEP IT UP.” I may do inspirational reading three times per day and meditate two times per day. Have faith and trust that you will get through this and when you do, you may have a wonderful demonstration.
- Find an inspirational book and read least a few pages every day. After you read, write your thoughts in a journal. Put what you read in your own words. How can what you read effect your life in a positive way? What changes can you put into your life?
- Meditate – Start the day with five minutes of sitting quietly and concentrating on your breath. Or five minutes silently repeating a prayer.
- Pray to God. Ask his help. Surrender any problems to him. There are no problems too big for God.
- Affirmations – Write out several affirmations on index cards or post it notes. Keep them with you all day long. Read them frequently throughout the day.
- Surround yourself with positive, uplifting people. You are doing all you can to stay positive, you do not need to be with people that get you down.
What do you do to get through tough times?